Harrah’s Cherokee Casino and Hotel, a North Carolina land-based casino, has been linked as the source for a flare-up of illnesses among its customers that started on January 12. Luckily, health officials took the complaints seriously and were quick to identify the problem and assist the casino with instructions on how to combat the contamination.
An investigation uncovered that a highly infectious norovirus was the culprit that brought about a stomach virus to over 250 visitors of the hotel and 검증업체 casino. David Bergmire-Sweat, an epidemiologist working for North Carolina on this investigation, believes that the number of those who got sick is small when considering the daily number of 7,500 visitors to the location. Noroviruses are highly infectious and easily transmittable in crowded locations that have lots of activity. In the past, noroviruses have made the headlines for causing outbreaks in schools and cruise ships.
The casino is assuring customers and health officials that they are making vigorous efforts to sanitize the entire property. Once the problem was identified, the casino took swift measures to disinfect their entire property. Employees sanitized the hotel and casino from top to bottom, scouring handrails, door knobs and restrooms. 3,300 slot machines were repeatedly cleaned with a bleach and water combination to kill any lingering germs.
Even though there is assurance that the incident is under control, many clients are hesitant on returning. One of the big motives to stay home is the option to gamble online. In local interviews many of the regular patrons have been bringing up this safe alternative.